I’ve been nominated to take part in the Liebster award by the rather lovely Tara who blogs over at after the rain.
Usually things like this are not my cup of tea. I blame all those chain letters of the 90s. The modern day online equivalents all get promptly ignored.
So after much deliberation here I am, taking part.
Well for a start Tara’s a rather lovely lady and as such her nomination feels sincere. Secondly, having been making an effort recently to stop hiding behind my children so much in this blog I figured it would be an ideal time to let people know a little bit more about me. Oh dear!
The rules are:
(WAIT! Rules are made to be broken right? After a little bit of Google guidance it would seem the rules are as clear as mud with many different variations so I’ll give you the rules as I was given them, and then promptly ignore them. Business as usual then 😉)
You have to post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers (Sorry but I’m ignoring this one. I couldn’t give a hoot about how many followers anybody has. I’ll be nominating people I’m interested in reading the responses of.)
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees a set of 11 new questions.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1⃣ It may come as a surprise to you but my name isn’t really Muddy Mum. It’s Clare.
2⃣ Until recently a cow on a local farm was named after me. Sadly she wasn’t quite as good at procreating as I am so she was mincemeat. Literally. 😦
3⃣ I can’t whistle.
4⃣ A couple of years ago I ran a half marathon. Having done very little running previously (actually none), just because Mr muddy told me I couldn’t. I finished with a rather acceptable time too. Hmmph that’ll show him!
5⃣ I once owned a knitted boob.
6⃣ I am terrible at going to bed and rubbish at sleeping. I’m some sort of strange insomniac/nocturnal hybrid. Coffee is my friend.
7⃣ I’m a sucker for waifs and strays. We have a rescue cat, guinea pigs and hen.
8⃣ I didn’t like cake until my first pregnancy. Then all of a sudden, I got it!
9⃣ Our wedding banns were read at a church service which was shown live on Sky news.
🔟 I have a gym obsession, in particular Body Combat. I must confess if I miss a session I’m a bit of a nightmare.
1⃣1⃣ I hate mash, marshmallows and McDonalds. All three are the work of the devil. Sadly my children don’t agree.
11 Questions from Tara:
1. What is the story behind your blog name (even if it’s your name)?Inspired by the main obstacles to any Geocacher, I felt it was a good reflection of the outdoor lifestyle I embrace.
2. Is there one particular post you are most proud of? (Please link it)
I have blogging issues. A little piece of me dies every time I press publish. I probably most like my down by the river post from an aesthetic perspective. It’s also used on geocaching.co.uk a geocaching information website. I think it looks lovely on there. I am of course though biased! 😉
3. Has anything surprised you about blogging?
That people actually read what I write.
4. What do you do when you procrastinate?
I am the Queen of procrastination and an Internet fiend. The two go hand in hand!
5. Do you have a favourite quote? (I’m collecting them for a quote wall in my office, which is actually my bedroom).
‘Adventure is out there.’ Ellie. Up
6. If you had an entirely free day to spend on your own doing something for your own pleasure what would you do?
It would involve travel, friends, spontaneity and cocktails. Things I miss being a busy mum of three.
7. Do you prefer city, country or coast?
Country, Coast then city.
8. Do you have a favourite book? I have three. I joke about being heartless but very little does make me cry. Two books however never fail to make me weep. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck and The ime Travellers Wife. (Not the film!!! *shudder*) by Audrey Niffenegger. For the love of the story the secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I’ve recently treated myself to a beautiful edition.
9. Are you a morning person?
Hell no! I’m married to one. He’s learnt that swift administration of caffeine is the key to his survival. 😉
10. Did you have a favourite television programme as a child?
Just one? I was a child in the 80s! Button Moon, finger mouse, Rentaghost, Jamie and his magic torch, Bagpuss, The Flumps, Inspector Gadget. I rest my case!
11. What is the one thing you would tell your younger self.
Never, ever drink sambuca.
I would like to present my awards to the following bloggers
1. In Which I
3. Washknight – Geocaching Blind
And if you accept the award I would like you to answer the following:
1. Where is your dream holiday destination?
2. What is your favourite indulgence?
3. What scares you?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. Who was your childhood hero?
6. Eat to live or live to eat?
7. What would you like to achieve this year?
8. What is your favourite film
9. If you were a super hero who would you be?
10. Which is your favourite city?
11. Mud lover or mud hater? 😉
6 thoughts on “The Liebster Award – Learn a little more about me.”
Excellent answers, thanks for taking part. Sorry about your cow!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Luckily my daughter’s cow namesake is thriving and so lots of amusing photo opportunities. 😊
Wow, thanks Clare I will get my thinking cap on 🙂
No pressure, only if it suits you/you fancy taking part! 😊
Enjoyed reading true post “Claire” :), i can’t whistle as well and I didn’t feel sorry for it until the day when I went to see the movie if my favourite Hero! And to add to the disappointment, I came to know even hubby can’t whistle as he was only blowing air! Nothing changed until today, I still can’t whistle 🙂
So unfair, even my 8 year old can whistle! Glad to know I’m not the only person in the whole world that can’t! 😉
Thanks for reading! ☺️
Comments are closed.